Thursday, May 24, 2012

Day 17 - Rest Day, Brookings, OR

We didn't go anywhere today.

I woke up at 7:30 with the predicted rain falling on my tent. Then I went back to sleep, since it was a rest day, and I didn't get up until 9:30. We had breakfast not long after, then walked down to the beach. We left quickly though, as it was cold and had started to rain again. It was definitely a good day to be off the bikes.

In the early afternoon, we decided to do laundry at the.campground laundromat. The Starving Cyclist had just put his clothes into the washing machine, and he offered to let us use some of his detergent. After that, I took another walk around the park, then returned to camp and cooked a can of ravioli for dinner. It was raining yet again by that point, so I went into the tent and got to work on blog updates. Overall, it was a slow, boring rest day, and that was exactly what we needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment